COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Vulture~Wild Bird Wednesday~052213


As I was leaving the horse ranch last Sunday, a shadow crossed the sky above me.  I turned and saw a lone vulture.  Immediately grabbing my camera, I turned and pointed upward.  Yup.  There it was!  I don't often see vultures up there, but when I do, I get very excited.  There was a pair that used to drift up and down Deep Canyon, but I haven't seen them for a year...maybe this summer?  There are lots of empty fields in Anza, as well as roads, so there's a food supply for the vultures.  Driving home that same day, I noticed a raven in the middle of a road, so I stopped, and yup...found a dead gopher snake that he was feeding on.  Wild Bird Wednesday for May 22, 2013.   To visit Wild Bird Wednesday, please go to:   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Most people are not enamoured of these scavengers but I like them. Ants clean up little messes, vultures clean up big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great in-flight photos up against the bright sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing small about that!!

    I think the cormorants were cooperating, but the egrets may have just be cashing in!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of the flying birds.

    ReplyDelete