**** Well, BLOGGER is giving me FITS this morning and I can't even see this post on my blog, so I'll wrestle with it this afternoon!*** (...pulling out hair...) At the cabin we stayed in two weeks ago, there was an interesting tree in the middle of the quad~a woodpecker tree! It was obviously used over many, many generations because it had holes all up and down it! And, yes, some woodpeckers were busy attacking it the weekend we were there. I enjoyed hearing and watching them. One even flew down to a tree stump where I had placed some birdseed, turned his head sideways, and got some of the seeds. It was fun watching him. I've seen a flicker do that at the other cabins where we stay in Idyllwild, too. Here are the pics of the tree and woodpeckers. Nature Notes for May 9, 2013.
Very nice!
ReplyDeleteI love woodpeckers because they seem to have a lot of personality. We're up in our favorite spot up above Julian and there are tons of these guys here. After they put acorns in those holes, they are on constant alert trying to chase away the squirrels who want them.