So, hubby took 1/2 day off yesterday and went with me and my camera to Camera West, in Rancho Mirage. The darn thing was giving me that error again..."Communication between camera and lens is faulty"...that nonsense. It is a real pain and I can't take more than one photo at a time. I can take a photo, but then I have to turn OFF the camera, and turn it on again and do this for every photo. I was taking photos of the turkey vulture when it happened.
We were lucky this visit and an older, more experienced gentleman took a look at my camera. He couldn't visually see anything wrong, so he gently took a solution, sprayed it in a wipe, and wiped off the connections on the camera. He told us those connections are gold plated, so one has to be VERY CAREFUL!
IT WORKED! He took several shots inside the store and let the camera lens adjust on its own and no problem! Apparently my Tamron lens isn't made anymore. It's a macro 28 to 300 mm lens. I really love it, but hubby gave me his old 55 mm lens, just in case. And, he was willing to trade me HIS Canon lens, which is a wide angle. So, thankfully, he doesn't have to do that. I'll leave my lens on the camera and PRAY that it works!
Thank you, Camera West! Now I just hope it continues to work! :-) We shall see!
I'm wondering what kind of a solution he used. I am having a slightly similar problem with my D90. Just freezes up so I have to pop the lens off & then put it back on. Works for awhile then freezes up again. I'm now thinking maybe a swipe of the contact points may help. Sounds logical. Gonna try it tomorrow:))
ReplyDelete