COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, June 14, 2015

First day of summer vacation!

Yesterday was my first day of summer vacation?  And, what did I do all day?  NOTHING!  It was wonderful!  I took 2 naps~one in the morning and another one in the afternoon.  I swear that it was only adrenaline that got me going through the last week of school.  Then, yesterday, was the letdown.  I did go out in the afternoon to the neighborhood WalMart to buy cat food, and to Whole Foods to buy deli stuff for dinner, but that was it.

Today I'll be heading up to the horses.  They will all need a nice grooming and some coconut oil.  I give them coconut oil each visit to help their tummies.  It also makes them nice & shiny! :-)

We had quite a lightning show last night.  I believe the storm was over Joshua Tree national park.  We were watching 5 episodes of "Bosch" and the kitchen lights were off and I could see flashes.  Both hubby and I walked outside and yup...there were dark clouds over Joshua Tree.  It should be drier today, however, and by Tuesday, it will be 111 degrees here.  YUCK!  I took this photo of a thunderhead over our local mountains with my cell phone when I was at Whole Foods yesterday afternoon.  The storm was over the mountains, in the opposite direction.


2 comments:

  1. We had a terrific storm here too. doing nothing is sometimes the best thing in the world. Have a nice rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet that doing nothing felt real good. I have to do that after a summer season. Would be quite a sight to see a thunder storm over JT. Enjoy your down time.

    ReplyDelete