I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Sunday, June 21, 2015
Durango to Silverton Railroad
We pulled into Durango, Colorado about the same time as the return train. This is the Durango/Silverton railroad. We could hear its whistle coming into town once we lost sight of it. It is an all-day trip from Durango to Silverton, with a 2 hour layover for lunch. SOMEDAY we'll take it, but not this trip.
We really enjoyed the scenery from Durango to Santa Fe and even saw a bald eagle's nest along the way. We stopped to take photos and the adult eagle wasn't too happy with our presence. We didn't bother it; it was just annoyed (I think). I spotted the nest on top of a telephone pole as I was driving. Hubby was fiddling around with his camera and didn't even see it.
We pulled into Santa Fe and immediately made a beeline to the nearest Whole Foods. We bought sandwiches for lunch and kabobs for dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We drove from Silverton to Durango, following the path of the railway! Beautiful country! We walked around in Silverton...bought a sterling silver bear claw pendant (love it!) then stayed in Durango. And of course...went to Durango Silver Co and bought more silver and turquoise!!! Love that place! and had more fun in Durango...have you been to Mesa Verde???
ReplyDeleteHaven't done the train ride but love that million dollar highway.
ReplyDelete