COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, August 3, 2015

2 weeks of summer vacation left! ACK!

Well, I realized that I only have 2 weeks of summer vacation left!  EGADS!  WHERE did the summer go?  I have accomplished absolutely ZERO with the horses.  I DID make sure they all got their shots and 2 of them did get their teeth done a couple of weeks ago, but then we left for a 4 day trip to South Lake Tahoe.  We got home and I spent 2 days recovering from all the driving.  I did ALL the driving, as hubby gets dizzy, so he navigates.  I had some 10 hour driving days up and back, and a 6 hour day when we drove over to Reno and up over the Donner summit.  I seem to have recovered enough now to drive up to the horses this week, however.  I have bags of pellets to deliver and unload and I need to let each of the horses out for some R&R.

Did any of you see American Pharoah in the Haskell?  Hubby and I watched the race yesterday and BOY, was he impressive!  Victor didn't even need to take the whip to him in the backstretch.  He just let him run.  What a magnificent animal!

Here are a couple of links to some videos...if you wish to view them...Man...I haven't seen a horse run like this since Secretariat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teqfIIMQNJQ

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OelyWStFGv4

2 comments: