Nothing new here...same old, same old....off to work...too tired to do ANYTHING on the weekends. i NEED to get up to the horses this weekend. Maybe I'll have the energy tomorrow. I definitely do NOT today! :-( And, besides, tomorrow there is a 40% chance of rain up there, so I'll be able to get pics of the clouds. :-)
I was going through my archives and came up with these from August, 2011. These were all taken on the road up to Big Bear from the Coachella Valley in 2014. This is the area where we had a huge fire this summer...especially around Jinks Lake. We haven't been back up there yet to see what was burned.
Ferns near Jinks Lake, San Gorgonio. This is where the huge fire was a while ago, so the ferns are probably gone.
Oak leaves...
Woodpecker tree
Not much new here some days either so know how you feel. Too bad to miss out on that trip to Owens Valley. We sure liked that area when we made it to Lone Pine a few years ago.
ReplyDeleteWhat's strange is about two weeks ago we went to Big Bear (on labor day -yeah stupid us)...and found a short cut to get through town and on to Big Bear City and on to 38 and then to Oak Glen. i was looking but didn't see any evidence of a fire except just in one area where i could see in the distance some burnt trees. So what I saw on the 38 didn't look bad. In fact it was such a gorgeous drive.
ReplyDelete