COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Silly Quad

Out of all the horses I've rescued (8 of them)...QUAD is the goofiest!  And, that's overlooking the fact that he came from the Secretariat line, as well as Affirmed and Man O'War.  He's JUST GOOFY.  PERIOD.  He doesn't have the competitive drive that a racing thoroughbred must have.

Now, my feedlot thoroughbred mare, Gigondas, SHE DOES!  Man, can she run!  I don't know her ancestry.  She doesn't have a lip tattoo, but she has the heart of a competitive thoroughbred.  It took her a good 4 years to relax and trust me and I can now lead her around with a very loose lead rope.  Last weekend, she stood at her corral gate, patiently waiting for me to lead her to a larger paddock for some "free time".  She gets to graze there and she's right across from the 30 year old gelding who is her corral neighbor, so he doesn't freak out.

Anyway, I captured Quad's true personality last weekend in these photos...ENJOY!




See what I mean?  TOO GOOFY!

1 comment:

  1. those photos are great - goofy horse. ...started to comment over an hour ago and got called away and when i got back to my computer your page was still up...

    ReplyDelete