Aren't the clouds gorgeous?
I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
We had RAIN yesterday! (...doing the happy dance...)
We actually had RAIN here yesterday! It was cloudy in the morning and by lunch time, it was sprinkling at school. Oh, joy! Teachers NEVER like rainy days! :-( It means we have to give up our prep time and take the kids back to class. Fortunately, however, the sprinkles stopped and the kids got their much-needed lunch recess! But, by 2:00 p.m., it WAS raining. They ALL immediately had to go to the bathroom (NO SUCH LUCK!) and I kept them inside. Why is it that when it rains, they ALL have to suddenly go to the bathroom? OYE VEI! It even rained at our house. The street was wet, the yard was wet...I stopped on my way home and took this photo of the clouds...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We got an inch and a half of rain, but the curb across the street receives runoff from all roads and properties above on Rattlesnake Mountain and runs for a long time after rain stops. I made 50 trips across the street instantly filling an orange Home Depot five gallon plastic bucket and dumping the entire contents onto my mother's landscape.
ReplyDeleteBtw, where did you get the wood panel background on your blog, I seem to remember Google offered it but cannot find it any longer. Was thinking of changing my background for something fresh. Leaving FB October 1st and just keeping Google+
Kevin, I got it here on google blog...It was a while ago and honestly, they may not have it anymore. I don't remember HOW I found it...sorry...I went into almost every option they had and found it somewhere....
DeleteGlad you stopped by. Sorry you are leaving Facebook and sorry if I offended you, too. We've been "friends" now for quite a while. I'm glad you stopped by...
More rain is forecast next week...Tuesday and Wednesday.
Cheryl Ann (Quad Dean)
Hi Cheryl,
DeleteNo please, I wasn't offended about anything, that was the misunderstanding. What I was disturbed by are all the political facebook memes that float around and circulate about how easy and streamlined things are in Eirope, especially Scandinavia where I live. Europe is a complete mess now. I don't know if I'll ever travel as much anymore around there as this immigration upheaval is going to change the landscape and culture forever. The reality on the ground is not what the USA Media publish, they publish Public relations - Ideological agenda driven news. For example I have been saying for the last few years how the Press over in USA does not report what a mess things are immigration wise there. Suddenly it is just now big News ?
The Swedish School System is crazy and goes to great lengths in indoctrinating from an early age just what the State wants the average citizen to believe in. For example, Sweden has something called "Dagis" which is government sponsored daycare/Pre-School for 3, 4 or 5 year olds. Most all parents take advantage of it. But the problem is that they government is by law forcing the teachers and daycare instructors to teach kids about the normalcy of homosexuality. Frankly, I don't think kids that age need to know about sex period at that age and it should be parents responsibility. But one friend's little four year old came home and told his parents he loved Roger and wanted to marry Roger what he grows up. The parents were understandably upset and had to explain things to him. They went to the "Dagis" daycare and ask them not to speak about that subject with their Son. While there, another little boy came from playing outside and asked one of the teacher's Aides if he was a boy or girl. The instructors by law are not allowed to use the pronouns "Han" (he or him) or "Hon" (she or her), only a newly invented government word "Hen" (meaning neuter or person ' it'). They could be fired for telling a boy or girl what they are, it's insane.
In elementary school, some other friends of ours had their 14 year old daughter in a class talking about AIDS and to illustrate AIDS, they should a homosexual porno film of two men naked having sex. That's how insane it is getting here, and it's also why I gave up on my SFI (Swedish For Immigrants) government sponsored language courses because they way to teach immigrants how to assimilate into Swedish society is also to accept Swedish version of sexuality. My classmates were mostly Muslim and they showed a film of an immigrant family in Sweden where traditional values of immigrant parents collided with their kids who wanted to be like other Swedish kids. Two films showed young people naked having casual recreational sex. The first film I put my head down on the desk and the second I walked out and told the teacher I was interested in only learning the language, not some new age secular religious indoctrination. but the fact is their government forces them to instruct this way. There is far more, but not even close to the amount of time to explain it.
Anyway, it never had anything to do with you, only the European Memes promoting Europe as the poster child of everything wonderful about Socialist secular society and the Eutopia it will bring to mankind. I'm not sure how long we will stay there, we are both disgusted. Keep in touch. Made some good findings regarding mycorrhizal fungi and effects on promoting rapid growth with California Fan Palm which is traditionally slower growing than it's cousin the Mexican Fan Palm. It's why landscapers and home owners don't want the California anymore, they want instant tree. But the California is more drought resistant and cold hardy and does not become a weedy nuisance as the Mexican does.