I had 3 students move during vacation. Wow...that's NEVER happened before. One boy went back to Mexico, a girl moved to another town, and another girl moved schools because it is closer to their home and her mom's car broke down. Isn't that sad? And, she was my TOP girl! I'm devastated. But, she lives across the railroad tracks and that school is right by her house, so she and her brother can walk to school. We often don't realize or understand the difficulties faced by kids today. I know I moan and groan about them, but some have some real hardships. A former student's father is in JAIL and will soon be deported to Mexico. There are countless stories like these. One year, I had a girl who lived in a car with her dad and brother. Sad, eh? Yes, they were homeless.
Anyway, I have a 3 day weekend and I'm GOING TO ENJOY IT! Hubby is still down and out with his HORRIBLE case of bronchitis. He has a hard time working a full day. I think he's going to retire as of his birthday, which is next month. Poor guy...he's really struggling right now.
I also have two 3-day weekends in February, so that's something to look forward to, also. Today I'm driving to Temecula to spend the day (and night) with our son and his family. Hubby is off today and he'll just stay home and rest and spent the day with the dog and cat.
I'll be taking photos along the way. I want to stop in Aguanga and take photos of the metal sculptures there along the road. The artist had to move them all from the overlooks and put them in one area.
Enjoy your day! I'll be back tomorrow.
~Cheryl Ann~
Maybe I'll get a better hawk photo than this one! This is our neighborhood hawk up on the telephone pole in our back yard...

Everyone with 3 days off was happy!...:)JP
ReplyDelete