No trains. Nothing. Apparently they sleep during the mid-day.
However, I did take photos (LOTS OF THEM!) of the windmills. I even stopped by some gigantic ones and sat and listened to them. They really are quite noisy! Their shadows kept crossing the roadway and it was something out of "War of the Worlds". Huge, gigantic monsters...
Does anybody know how or where I can find a schedule of the trains that pass through the Coachella Valley? I googled it for over an hour yesterday and found NOTHING. I know trains go through the valley all day as I found one website that said 40 travel through here daily, but I simply cannot find a schedule. It would be nice sometime to be able to get out to a location with my tripod and camera and wait for a train!
So, instead, I took 96 photos of windmills...ENJOY! It was a beautiful day to get out anyway! I drove all the way out to Cabazon, up Highway 62 to Morongo Valley for a way, down Indian Avenue, and made the loop back to the Whitewater exit, and then back home.
One of the gigantic windmills. If you stop by one, you can hear the big blades swishing.
Some medium sized windmills and several smaller ones in the back.
View of them against the Santa Rosa mountains in the back.
I tried to get a shot of the windmills against Mt. San Jacinto, but it was 2 p.m. and the light was horrible.
Looking back up the hills from the Whitewater exit off Interstate 10.
I hope you have enjoyed these photos of the windmills. I did notice this trip that there are a LOT more of them! However, I do NOT see any kind of rate reduction from Southern California Edison, which uses the power from the windmills. Oh, well...typical, I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment