I had tried to spot some trains early Friday morning, but I kept missing them. There are only a few places where one can see them from the car. The Whitewater crossing is a good one and the next road, west of Whitewater, runs along the tracks. You can also view them from the Indian Canyon exit, but you have to go down by the Amtrak train depot and it is a real pit. Ugh. I don't like to drive down there, but sometimes I do, just to take photos of the windmills.
ANYWAY...
I spotted a train coming east as I was exiting Whitewater Canyon. I raced down the Whitewater exit to try to get to the crossing, but that train must have been moving at 70 mph! Instead, I pulled off just as it went east and another train (that I hadn't seen) was moving west! I caught the rear engine of one and the two engines of the other one just as they passed each other.
And, that was the last day of my vacation. I did manage to survive the first day back at school, but 3 students were absent, so I only had 21. We had a good day...
Engines passing...
Trains passing each other, one going east, the other one going west...
Bye, bye!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment