COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, January 8, 2016

Trains and windmills, oh my!

Some people don't like windmills.  I get it.  They are noisy and they mess up the view.  Our windmill farms here in the Coachella Valley seem to be spawning...they are all along the I-10 corridor.  That's where the wind gets funneled between two 10,000 foot mountains, so that's where they are.  I know they even offer tours for the local schools.

So, I get complaints that I have windmills in my photos.

EXCUSE ME?

Look, they are here to stay.  I used to drive out along Varner Road and Edom Hill just to take photos of windmills.  They are part of our valley now, along with the two solar farms.

I'm going out today (again) to take photos because the sky is clear and the snow is glistening.  Maybe I'll take photos of windmills.  Hopefully I'll be in the right place at the right time for a few more train photos, too!  

~~Cheers~
~Cheryl Ann~

 Windmills and Mt. San Jacinto


 These are up by Route 62 to Morongo Valley and Desert Hot Springs



Different train, different location.  Not quite as impressive a view as the one yesterday.  This is right above the Palm Springs Amtrak station, which is a real dump.

3 comments:

  1. i know it sounds crazy but i get a certain thrill when I first see them in my view as we are going east on the 10. I always take a lot of photos of them. These are beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl Ann ... take all the photos of windmills you want, it's your blog after all. :) I know what you mean though, I've as some email opinions sent to me over some of my hound photos ... those people just need something to do ... so they troll the internet looking for places they can complain. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be worse. They look nicer than a bunch of oil derricks.

    ReplyDelete