Thank goodness the weekend is HERE! Phew! This week, even though it was a regular week (5 days) seemed to go faster than last week's 4 day work week. Maybe it was because things were done and broken down into parts.
Thursday hubby and I went to the GRAND OPENING of the new Gelson's store in Rancho Mirage. If you are interested, it is on Bob Hope Drive, where the old Von's Pavillions is...I think the side street is Gerald Ford. Hubby was excited to visit this store because Gelson's is one of his favorite stores! He used to be a buyer for a couple of large stores (Jurgensen's and Irving Ranch Farmer's Markets) and worked at Jensen's for many years. His first job was working at the Alpha Beta in Palm Springs. He's been in the grocery business most of his life (until the last 20 years...) and is very familiar with how a grocery store SHOULD be set up and Gelson's is pretty much perfect! They don't have their bakery or Peet's coffee shop yet, and they are putting in a "roastery" (which I'm not sure what that is...), and, it is a bit out of my way home, but I'll be stopping there a couple of days a week. I'm cutting back on my Whole Foods visits ("whole paycheck") because their prices are just AWFUL! And, I went in there the other afternoon to buy organic produce for my class. GUESS WHAT? 90% of their produce read, "conventionally grown", which is NOT organic. Pffffffttttttt! Enough of that hogwash!;
Here's the link to the Gelson's story on our local news:
http://www.kesq.com/news/First-Coachella-Valley-Gelson-s-prepares-for-grand-opening/37669072
I'm with you on the Whole Foods stores. They also just had to pay some big fines for pricing violations. I love Gelson's! Great quality and their prepared food is VERY good.
ReplyDelete