COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, January 18, 2016

metal sculpture garden, Aguanga, CA

Aguanga is just down the mountain from Anza (where I board my horses).  It isn't even a town.  It's a road junction.  Highway 74 meets up with Highway 79 and one can turn left and go to Warner Springs on 79, or right and drive down to Temecula.  There is some kind of small market nearby and the Stagecoach Inn (which has EXPENSIVE gasoline prices) and doesn't welcome strangers!  But, on the north side of the road is the sculpture/show garden of the artist who makes all the metal sculptures in Temecula.  He also has a show area right next to the childrens' museum in Temecula.

I pulled in next to the eucalyptus trees and got out and wandered around Saturday when I was heading to Temecula.  Unfortunately, I was delayed right away because there was a 2-car auto accident up on Highway 74, right above Palm Desert.  Cars had stopped and some were turning around.  After shouting at a couple of drivers, I learned that ALL lanes were closed due to the accident and that paramedics, fire trucks, and CHP cars weren't even there yet.  So, I, too, turned around and drove home.  I passed 2 fire trucks, 3 CHP cars, and an ambulance on my way back down the mountain.  So, I waited for over an hour for things to be cleared up and then headed back up the mountain.

I was amazed by the detail of the artist's work.  He must truly love dinosaurs and horses, because he had a LOT of them!  There was even a full 4-horse stagecoach with two drivers out front!  I ran into him because he was out talking to some other folks.  He said prices range from $800 to $3,000 and some are more expensive than that.  I never really got a photo of the Indian on horseback, which is up on a hill because the cars behind me were right on my bumper and there was no place to pull over, so I'll leave that for another time.

I did wander around and make friends with his dog, however, and it was a nice, 70 degree day, so I took my time!

Enjoy! ~~ I stopped on my way back yesterday and took more photos, but I'll save those for a later time.




 I call these the "Three Brothers"...
 LOTS of dinosaurs!  The grandson would LOVE these!


 Hey, wait for me!
 Some are quite humorous!  I wonder how much this guy is?  I'd love to put him out front by my mailbox!
 Yes, there is even a polo pony!
 There are (I think...) about 4 rows of sculptures.
LOOK OUT!

1 comment: