COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, January 23, 2016

I didn't go to Temecula, but...

I didn't go visit our son and his family in Temecula today (Saturday).  First, I was too tired from last week.  Second, I was fighting a sore throat all week.  Third, I just didn't have the energy for the trip.  Period.  I really needed to stay home this weekend.

However, our daughter called at 8 a.m. and asked me to meet her and the granddaughter at 9:30 at our nearby Lowe's to watch another middle school band perform for the Palm Springs Tour (bicycle tour).  It was a snack stop/bathroom stop for the bicyclists on their 5, 10, 25, or 55 mile tours!  And, there were a LOT of bicycles!  Man alive!  I used to drive out Thousand Palms Canyon and Dillon Road and take photos of the folks doing the 55 mile ride, but I haven't done that for several years.

Anyway, we sat and listened to the music for about 20 minutes, until the 2 year old started wiggling.  After that, we went to Nordstrom Rack to buy her another pair of Converse tennies for day care.  I mentioned to the daughter that I needed to go to the library and renew my card (every 3 years...), so she offered to bring the little one along and get them both a library card.  So, off we went.

The 2 year old (nearly 3 now...) LOVED the library and they each got 2 books to check out for 2 weeks.  I do believe there will now be trips to the library for the granddaughter and her card is good at any library in Riverside County.

Here are some photos I took with my cell phone while she was in the library:



At least she sat still and LOOKED at the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment