So, hubby was off work this past weekend...well...kinda, sorta. He had to go into work "for a couple of hourse" Saturday morning. We left the house about noon...sigh...At least we left (finally!).
It was a beautiful, clear day Saturday. But by afternoon, this HUGE storm front began moving in and clouds were stretching all the way west. As we came out of COSTCO in Temecula, a HUGE cloud stretched all the way across the western horizon. And, yup, it rained all Saturday night and Sunday morning.
Since I'm an early riser, by 10:00 Sunday, I was ready to go for a drive. None of them had even had breakfast. So, off I went IN THE CAR. This is important later. I took most of my photos from the car (where it was nice & warm & DRY). I only got out to run into a bakery I found Saturday afternoon. I bought a half dozen sweets for breakfast. I cruised around Temecula, but it was so wet and rainy that it was hard to get photos.
Then I got a phone call to stop at the store and buy eggs and onions for breakfast. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? By then, the rain was coming in sideways, fueled by the wind. And, it was COLD! I parked as close to the grocery store as I could, but it was still quite a walk! I got DRENCHED. I was cold, wet, and miserable! And, I wasn't any too happy. I threw my vest into the dryer when I got to our son's house and had a 3rd cup of coffee and an apricot danish. And a brownie. And potatoes and bacon.
So, today (Monday), I'm home sick with a sore throat and dizziness. I took a 3 HOUR nap this afternoon and I slept 10 hours last night. Hopefully I'll be able to limp into school tomorrow.
Here's how MISERABLE it was in Temecula.
I'm sorry that you became ill during your visit. We had the same weather on the coast. REALLY strong winds started on Friday and didn't end until this afternoon. It also poured most of the day yesterday. Trees down and power out all over the place. Two of our rain gutters are now sitting on the ground. Did you do some wine tasting while there?
ReplyDelete