I was so tired Friday that I couldn't bear the thought of doing anything this weekend, but then our daughter texted me that she and Ellie, our granddaughter were going to the Living Desert Saturday morning. So, after a huge glass of carrot juice (I'm drinking it this week), I woke up at 6:30 Saturday morning (after falling asleep at 8:00 Friday night) and felt revived. So, off I went!
It was another beautiful, warm desert morning. I carried my camera and two bottles of water. A colleague and her family went last weekend and her husband, who is in his 70's, FAINTED due to lack of water. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital.
We set off for the North American animals section to see the cats. Fortunately, the Mexican wolf was out and he was stunning! Gorgeous! The badger was out, but was in a bad mood, but the two bobcats were playing and sneaking up on each other. The mountain lion was high up on a ledge, giving herself a morning bath, so I didn't get any photos of her.
These are some of the photos I took. The granddaughter spent a lot of time at the train exhibit, looking at all the waterfalls. Then we headed over to the dino dig, where kids can brush the sand off buried replicas of dinosaur bones.
She wears her sunglass ALL the time now!
Having fun at Gecko Gulch...
One of the Mexican wolves was out.
This is a kit fox.
Beautiful day!
Looked like everyone had a great time. That Ellie looks cool in her shades.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a really fun place to visit.
ReplyDelete