I found him 21 years ago in the Petsmart in Palm Desert. He was white with the most gorgeous sky blue eyes...the same eye color that my maternal grandfather had. And, of course, I named him Loki, after one of the Norse gods. He lived up to his name. He was proud, he was boastful, he was full of himself! He was my white cat, Loki. He died out in our back yard yesterday and I didn't even notice he wasn't at the front door until this morning. "Hmmmm...," I thought, "I haven't seen Loki out front for 2 days." So, I went looking for him and I found where he had laid down to rest and never got up. I made my heart sad. He was an old, old, OLD cat who dribbled water when he drank. The birds out front, his territory, ignored him. He was sleeping most of the days and these cold nights I made him a little fort out of cardboard boxes and 2 cat pillow beds and blankets and he slept right next to the front door.
RIP, Loki. May the halls of Valhalla enjoy your company.
A sniff and a kiss from Loki.

Always so sad when a beloved pet passes away. Loki sure lived a long life.
ReplyDeleteCondolences to you. It's hard to lose a loving companion, especially one that seems to appreciate all you do for him.
ReplyDelete21 years is a long time and you were so fortunate to have him that long. He gave you a gift of passing away on his own terms. It is so much easier on us that way. Sounds like Loki had a good life with you. Our thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteSo sad! Glad he lived a great life and had someone to love him.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry. Not easy to loose a furbaby.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about Loki. They sure do capture our hearts! Big hugs!
ReplyDeleteSorry for your loss....:(JP
ReplyDelete