Hubby took the whole weekend off, including Monday. He won't have a break now for some time as his assistant, who is pregnant, is leaving this coming Friday. Oh, boy! He figured he might as well get some rest while he can.
So, off to Temecula we went to visit the son and his family. Our grandson made us each a Valentine's Day card and for me, a birthday card. I'm now 64 years YOUNG! HA! I sure didn't feel young yesterday. My whole body ached. I took a 2 hour nap and another 1 hour nap in the evening, but today I feel fine.
While visiting Temecula is always enjoyable, you know...sometimes it is just nice to stay at home. I have another 3 day weekend next weekend and I'll be staying home.
I promised you photos of the wildflowers up on Highway 74, so here are a few I took when I stopped Saturday. The lupines are just now starting to bloom. The brittlebrush is just starting, too. It does look like we will have a fairly decent wildflower season this year.
Lupine
Brittlebrush
A view looking down at the green ocotillos, toward Palm Desert, from Highway 74
I've never been in the desert so it's nice to see the views and natural elements. Enjoy your time off!..:)JP
ReplyDeleteNice pics! The ocotillos seem so green this year.
ReplyDelete