COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Living Desert Reserve



 Ouch!

 Baja fairy duster
 Garden gate
 The plant shop wasn't open yet...

It was a warm morning Saturday here
in the desert and I was anxious to get out and enjoy it so I went to the Living Desert Reserve this morning.  I got there about 8 a.m. (before the crowds) and had the place almost to myself!  I did see some early morning walkers there, but otherwise it was very quiet.  I do enjoy getting there before the screaming kids!

I wanted to get some photos of the hummingbirds, but they just wouldn't cooperate.  And, apparently I missed the butterfly exhibit, so I might return today (Sunday).  I'm up at midnight because hubby's snoring makes it IMPOSSIBLE to sleep!




4 comments:

  1. I had to move out to another bedroom years ago due to the wife's snoring. Life's too short to lose sleep over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed the photos. I need a trip to the desert soon - tired of the cold and we are just getting some good melt from our 1" snow ice that's been on the ground for over a week from our last tiny storm that hit here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun visit! I like the golden globe shots!! PS: Our little cabin on Airbnb is a second desert place we bought. It's been our weekend project for quite a while, so nice to finally finish it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice scenes and great photos of them!

    ReplyDelete