COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, March 25, 2016

First day of spring break

This is my first day of spring break and last night both hubby and I fell asleep at 6:30 p.m.!!!  We BOTH slept for over 12 hours!  I went out this morning, made a HUGE container of sugar water for the hummingbirds, and washed and then filled up all of them.  It's nice to have the TIME to do this.  I do have a couple of males and one little female who visit the feeders on a regular basis.  And, I have snapdragons, salvia, and penstamon in the yard for them to feed on, as well as lavender (for the bees).  I'm quite proud of my garden.  I'll go out later and take a couple of photos...

Anyway, hubby is off for the next 7 days and this morning we are driving to either the new Aldi in La Quinta or the one in Palm Springs.  I'm not sure which one yet.  It depends on where hubby wans to go.  Both stores just opened yesterday.  We also have one going in here in Palm Desert, but it isn't ready to open yet.

I put food out in all the bird feeds this morning, too.  That's one of my daily jobs.  I try to wash and clean the hummingbird feeders at least once a week so that they don't get black mold and so the sugar mixture is fresh.  I see the hummingbirds frequently visiting the flowers in the garden.

Ahhh...spring in the desert!  It is supposed to be in the mid-80's for a few days, then back down in the mid 70's, as a low front approaches.  I remember some spring break vacations where it has been in the 90's and 100's and we had to turn on the air conditioner.  So far, this season, (...knock on wood...) we haven't had to turn it on yet.

Enjoy your day!
Cheers~
Cheryl Ann



1 comment: