COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 5, 2016

I took a tumble today! :-(

I decided to drive out to Thousand Palms Canyon and take photos of the wildflowers out along the roads there.  There is verbena, yellow flowers, brittlebrush, and a couple other ones I can't identify.

Anyway, I was out walking one of the trails in Thousand Palms Canyon and my right shoe came off.  I fell to my left and heard my camera lens bang against a rock.  It didn't hit hard and it appears to be working, but I won't know until I upload my photos.  I landed on my left knee and now my right ankle is throbbing, so I must have twisted it when I fell.

I'm going to wait until later to see if I need to go to urgent care.  In the meantime, I'm going to put a bag of frozen peas on my knee and another bag on my ankle.

I'm just so darn MAD that I did this.  OYE VEI!  Stupid, stupid, Stupid!

~~Cheryl Ann~~

3 comments:

  1. Not good. At our age it takes many times longer to heal up. I banged my arm three weeks ago and it is still tender. Be prepared. Thank goodness you didn't break anything...including that lens. Now that would of REALLY hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falling is a real fear in this part of the country. The rocks can cause serious damage to our bodies.

    My little point and shoot has been banged up pretty good this season, but still works.

    Be careful out there. You want to be healthy when you retire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too hard on yourself. It can happen to any of us, at any time.

    ReplyDelete