So, Sunday morning I had to go to urgent care. Both my knee and ankle were very painful. I got there just before they opened at 8:00 and I left at 11:30. Turns out, I sprained both my left knee and my right ankle. The nurse let me pick which one to bandage, after x-rays, so I chose my ankle because it hurt the most. Heck, I didn't even land on it! I landed with my left knee hitting a rock and I have NO IDEA what happened to my right ankle! All I remember is my right shoe coming off, and, in trying to regain my balance, I went down on my knee.
So, I am now encased in a molded cast. I have two days off school (thank goodness) because there is NO WAY I could go to school, sit, get up and down, and make it across the room to answer the telephone!
I started reading The Martian in the waiting room and now I'm 1/4 done with the book. I came home and took a 2 hour nap. I'm going to rest up as much as I can.
Here are a few more photos from Saturday:
So sorry about your fall. I hope you heal quickly, take care. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!
ReplyDeleteTake it easy and rest. Knees and ankles are important parts.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Eileen and Doug. Believe me, I'm RESTING today! I already watched Braveheart and now I'm waiting for another movie to start!
ReplyDeletePraying for a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteBummer. Do take care with plenty of down time. Isn't this what substitute teachers are for.
ReplyDeleteoh...ouch....hope u heal up quick. I've done a similar thing in 2010 - both an ankle and broken wrist at the same time - only a sprained ankle.
ReplyDeleteThat sucks! So sorry that happened to you. I hope they feel better in a hurry.
ReplyDelete