COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

2 hikers rescued from local trail in the extreme heat

Come on, people!  Don't go hiking on the HOTTEST day of the year!  I heard a helicopter overhead yesterday morning and, from the direction it was going, I knew something was happening on the "Bump and Grind" trail not far from our home.  We have a really good, clear view of the trail and we frequently see lights on it at night.  But, WHAT KIND OF IDIOT goes hiking on it at 10:00 am when it is already 100 degrees on the hottest day of the year?

Well, apparently two idiots went out on the trail and suffered from heat exhaustion.  DUH!  And, it took a helicopter and 25 rescue people to go save their sorry @$$es.

I mean, COME ON!  Show some common sense!  True desert dwellers know better than to go out hiking when it is that hot.  The local media had heat warnings FOR DAYS.  I mean, what is the point if people are going to ignore the heat warnings and act so stupidly?

The trail is right behind our local Target store and easily seen from the local nursery that I visit.  Maybe the trail should just be closed on hot days?  Now, 25 other people risked their lives to save these two, and countless money was spent.  Frankly, I think they should have to pay the costs associated with their rescue.  It's like drdiving into a flooded intersection in Arizona.  Don't people then have to pay for their rescue?


http://www.kesq.com/news/2-rescued-from-hiking-trail-with-heatrelated-injuries/40139782

PALM DESERT, Calif. -
It was 111 degrees by 10 a.m. on Monday. And by 10:30 a.m., Cal Fire crews had already rescued two hikers on the Bump and Grind hiking trail in Palm Desert.  Officials said both patients were suffering from minor to moderate heat-related injuries. Crews were called to the 72000 block of Highway 111 at 9:07 a.m.





2 comments:

  1. I think we should allow Darwinian law to take effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these idiots should be made to reimburse everyone for the cost of their rescue.

    ReplyDelete