The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back to the pinyon forest~Nature Notes~091511




There's a turnout right at this spot and you'd be surprised how many people pull over here, but never really look at the scenery.  To me, this is one of my favorite locations on Highway 74, which parallels Deep Canyon.  This is in the pinyon forest.  Sometimes I park and hike a way in and among the pinyons, but I'm always by myself and I'm hesitant to go too far from my car as there are mountain lions in these mountains!  Hubby doesn't go with me on weekends and that's when I usually travel up the road.  So, off I go, armed only with my camera.  I'm accompanied by a slight breeze and the cries of the scrub jays...ahhhhh....total bliss!  Nature Notes for September 15, 2011. To see Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could whistle or sing to let the lions know you're around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard of those trees but wasn't sure what they looked like....Michelle

    ReplyDelete