Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"The Dancer" ~Nature Notes~090811

And on the dirt road of my favorite spots (see yesterday's post), is an old, dead tree which I call "The Dancer".  Doesn't it look like a dancer with her sinewy limbs?  I caught it early one morning, about 7:30 a.m., as I was driving up to the ranch where I board my horses.  The light was perfect and I had my new CANON EOS 7D, which I'm still trying to figure out.  Hubby and I are going to a camera class this weekend just for CANON cameras, since we've both been using Nikon cameras.  No, I'm not giving away my Nikon and I still take it with me everywhere (as my backup camera!)  I kind of like this photo, with the clouds and the patches of light hitting the tree.  I always check to see if it is still there as I'm afraid one day it will be gone...Nature Notes for September 8, 2011. Please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

5 comments:

  1. beautiful and flowing, although still. :)

    good luck with your class! i need to take one on nikon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great pic. The tree looks like it's moving to the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some camera stores have classes. We took one last fall down in Anza-Borrego state park and it was great! The first thing we had to do was turn our cameras OFF of all automatic settings and use manual ones! ACK! But, it pushed me to start using the manual settings and that was a big step for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new camera. The 7D is awesome! Let us know how the class goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the camera. It does take some time to figure out a new camera and I carry my old Canon with me as I don't have to worry as much. Yes, the tree looks like a dancer..Happy Nature Notes...Michelle

    ReplyDelete