The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mist on the lake~Watery Wednesday~092111


I woke up early one morning while we were staying at the Silver Lake resort.  Hubby was still asleep, so I crept out of the cabin to the lake across from us.  It was about 6:30 a.m. and mist was rising off the lake.  Now, for a native Southern Californian, we don't know of such things!  I mean, hubby...yes.  He is of the "People of the Mists", the Iroquois Nation.  When we traveled to upper New York state, I saw the mists rise up from the forests there and he explained what was happening.  It was fairly ordinary for him.  But, for me, this was something spectacular.  I hope you enjoy it too!  Watery Wednesday for September 21, 2011. To visit Watery Wednesday, please go to:  http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Nice photos, looks like sea smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gogeous, you caught the mood beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a very serene mood! At the coast where I live ((yes in California:) ) I often see mist rising from the ocean though- maybe not as thick as more North.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! What the wonderfull peacefull.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete