I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Monday, July 2, 2012
Leo Carrillo state park~Our World Tuesday~070212
Yesterday hubby and I headed out of the desert and headed FOR the ocean. It's only a two hour drive and we were both going crazy from the heat. We really needed a break. Actually, he did. I didn't. I spent the previous two mornings filling up all of our trash cans with leaves, grass, and dead branches because the morning temps were quite nice. The days...er...uh...not so much, but as long as you get your work done BEFORE 9:00 a.m., life is good. Anyway, we took a drive out to the ocean and then took a road toward the Carrillo Ranch (which we'd never seen before). It was a working ranch for many years. Unfortunately, we arrived 15 minutes before closing time and they aren't open today (Monday). We'll have to return another time and really spend some time there. Hubby wandered off one way and I wandered down to the old stables and we met at the car at 5:00 p.m. Our World Tuesday for July 2, 2012. TO visit OWT, please go to: http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The ranch looks like a lovely place. Hopefully you also enjoyed the beach.
ReplyDeleteIt was very hot in Seoul too, but it is so cloudy today...! Hope you had a fun day at the beach :)
ReplyDeleteGreat tour!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDelete