Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mountain moods

I'm trying to get up to date here on this blog because we're spending a couple of nights up in Idyllwild.  We rented a cabin and the kids and grandson might drive up and join us.  It will be nice to be up with the bluejays and squirrels again.  We are taking Lady with us.  Did I tell you about Lady?  She is a 6 year old PERFECTLY MANNERED purebred German Shepherd that a co-worker wanted to rehome.  The gal just didn't have time for her, she was too big, she shed too much, yadda, yadda, yadda.  She asked if anybody wanted her and I yelled, "I DO!".  We lost our previous German Shepherd in December of last year when he died because of complications from canine lupus.  So, we have been without a shepherd for almost a year.  And, we missed having one.  So, Lady came to us.  Like I said, she has impecable manners, she's quiet, she eats well...she whines to go outside and do her "business"...so, we are taking her with us.  They do allow dogs at the cabins and I didn't want to leave her at home.  Ripley is okay staying at home because she's done it before, but Lady hasn't...




So, these were some of the moods of the mountains yesterday.  Beautiful, eh?  I LOVE IT when the clouds move in and start falling off the mountain!

1 comment:

  1. I love views like this...to me they signify eternity...:)JP

    ReplyDelete