Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Sunrise yesterday~SkyWatch Friday~110212



I grabbed my camera as I drove to work yesterday because I had about 15 extra minutes.  Instead of taking the freeway, I drove down Varner Road, out past the sand dunes.  Not only did I see a beautiful sky, but I also saw a coyote run across the road.  I love the dunes down there and they are unspoiled by tire tracks because they are part of the Coachella Valley Preserve.  Who knows what I'll find this morning!  SkyWatch Friday for November 2, 2012.   To visit SkyWatch Friday, please visit:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Is the old Desert stone Mansonry of the old Time Filling Station and Cafe still up there at the top of Varner road ? Big Sand Dune I've ever seen in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timeless, I don't know...I'll have to investigate! I doubt it...

    ReplyDelete