The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

At the end of Highway 74






At the end or bottom of Highway 74 is the Santa Rosa mountains visitor center.  If you are ever in Palm Desert, please do stop there.  They have trails and gardens and lots of videos and books relating to our local mountains.  They open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m.  I often see lots of cars in their parking lot and I occasionally drop in for a visit.  But, most of the time, I stop there before they open and take a walk through their desert garden.  I see quail, hummingbirds, doves, and even jackrabbits.  It's a nice place to unwind!  So, as I walked through the area this week, this is what I saw.

3 comments:

  1. This would be on my bucket list to come and photograph...I do photography and haven't been to too many desert regions or mountains to take shots...but I will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have this kind of place not too far from home.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sunshine...beautiful..I want to wish you and your family a very health and HAPPY New Year... Michelle

    ReplyDelete