Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cali is gone...RIP 12/3/12

My beautiful palomino mare, Cali, is gone.  She colicked over the weekend and her heart rate was extremely high, then she had respiratory problems.  Our vet came out to check her and oil her Sunday.  By Monday afternoon, she was put to sleep.  She was FULL of sand and apparently had a tear in her intestines and there was no way he could save her at that point.  She was in toxic shock.

My husband actually purchased both Scout and Cali at one of the BLM online auctions in 2007.  They both came from a Wyoming herd and were yearlings when we got them.  They were so goofy.  Cali was always goofy.  She was very friendly toward people.  Scout was more standoffish.  Cali behaved well and learned quickly and was very gentle.  She would have been the perfect horse for our grandson to ride.

...sigh...Why do the good ones always go first?  First, Beauty and now Cali...






I won't be posting for a while.  I need to deal with this.

~~Cheryl Ann~~

Here are some pics of Cali from one of her lessons with my trainer this summer.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Cheryl. Cali had it good for a while. Take care of yourself. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cheryl Ann, she was so young! Sending you a hug -

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this. It is a shame when pets go. I even hate seeing them grow older to the point of slowing down. Same with people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I am so sorry for your loss! What a terrible experience. She was quite a beauty and I loved seeing photos of her. I am so glad that you gave her such a good life while she was here and I am happy for all the joy she brought to your life while she was alive. I hope your heart heals soon and that one day you can look on all the good times you had with her and smile.

    ReplyDelete