Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Just some pics from around...







It's SATURDAY and I'm overjoyed.  Our local mountains have had rain and clouds for two days and I'm anxious to drive up there this morning and see what's going on!  It's too early to really tell if there are clouds today, but I can smell moisture.  I can see the moon, so I know there is at least a break in the clouds at this hour (4 a.m.)...I'm just posting photos from last week, since I'll probably take another 200 or so this weekend.  It's hard to blog and work full time because I come home, eat dinner, and konk out for the night.  I have parent conferences next week, so I won't be posting for a couple of days (I'll be suffering from brain fatigue...)!So, here goes...The last 3 are the golden eagle I spotted on a telephone pole last weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely series, the Autumn trees are pretty. Cool sighting of the hawk. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing about that region is that even though it gets winter cold, at any moment you could experience 70+ weather. And yet, if not, you can drive down the mountain and refresh yourself. Of course the opposite is true of you live in the desert.


    Me, I'm stuck for 5 or 6 months in cold, wet and darkness. I could drive 500 miles and never get away from this mess. It appears to be getting worse from the climate change news. Southern Europe will be getting extremely dry while the north almost abnormal continuous wet.

    Can't hardly wait for next April 2013.


    -

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd kill for some clouds. It is just way too hot here for Christmas. I want to get back to snowflakes and cool. I love the picture of the . . . hawk? Vulture? Whatever, they are cool birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl Ann! Thanks for stopping by MammothLakesDp!!!

    ReplyDelete