The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Helicopter rescue Saturday afternoon





I heard the "thump, thump, thump" of a helicopter nearby Sunday morning, so I ran inside to grab my camera.  We have a 3,000 foot mountain about 3 blocks away from us which has a hiking trail on it called the "Bump and Grind".  I've never hiked it (too stressful on my bad knees), but many valley residents and visitors enjoy the challenge.  I sometimes see lights on the trail at night (it is CLOSED to vehicles).  The news just reported that a hiker fell 50 feet and had to be airlifted out (since no vehicles can make it up the trail).  Here are some photos that I was able to capture yesterday.  If you click on the 3rd one down, you will see all the other hikers lined up on the trail, watching.  Apparently the hiker wasn't serious injured.

2 comments:

  1. Sure hope that hiker is alright. Watched a helicopter the other day waiting for a bad accident. Seems they are never a good sign.

    Happy New Year to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness he/she was not injured! Great pix!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete