I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Saturday, May 4, 2013
Emergency vehicles~Sunday Stills Challenge~051513
I didn't get any photos of the three fire trucks that went to assist in the rescue of a hiker who fell 20-30 feet while climbing Tahquitz Peak, but I did get several photos of the helicopters which also went to assist him. This was a nearly 3 hour rescue. Apparently he was up on the solid granite peak. I don't know how they finally got to him because, as you can see, this is in an extremely rugged area. To visit the weekly Sunday Stills Challenge, please go to: http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very cool shot of a vintage UH-1 Huey, glad to see they are still being used..:-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ed. I didn't know what it was~:-)
ReplyDeleteCheryl Ann
Scary stuff! I hope it all ended well for him.
ReplyDeleteA rescue/emergency helicopter is the one i was after, but regretfully i couldn't find one. Thatz unique and you turned out to be lucky. Hope the guy survived and back to life. Well done.
ReplyDeleteWell done!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots. I hope it all ended well for the guy they had to rescue.
ReplyDeleteWell captured. Hope that guy is fine now.
ReplyDelete