COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mountain meadow~Our World Tuesday~052813

There was a small meadow behind the mountain house that we stayed in over the weekend.  It was full of quail and coyotes!  I never saw deer out in it, but the coyotes came every morning and late afternoon.  At first I thought there were 3 of them.  I'd spotted them Friday afternoon when I went out there to scatter birdseed about.  They were at the edge of the property line and I don't know who was more surprised~~them or me!  One of the young ones serenaded us Saturday night and we heard a chorus of answers in the trees on the far side of the meadow.  Finally Sunday afternoon, we counted 6 of them~~two parents, two juveniles not yet driven off by their parents, and two pups!  We watched the parents roll in SOMETHING at the edge of the meadow and the pups play silly games:  chase, tag, and rolling and frolicking in the meadow.  They were quite entertaining!  I watched one of the parents stalk and catch a mouse out in the meadow and then run off to eat it.  The house owners have small dogs and their back porch is completely fenced, but I'm sure they keep an eye on them when they are up there!  OWT for May 28, 2013.   To visit Our World Tuesday, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Great area!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete