The kids in my class had to have a 10 minute timeout yesterday so that I could have 5 minutes of PEACE and QUIET! And, yes, they had to put their heads down!
After our math lesson, which we did together, they had to solve 2 problems on their own. Now, granted they were WORD PROBLEMS, but they were similiar to the 4 we just did. Most couldn't do them. They had not a clue. They didn't read their "cheat sheet" of word problem strategies which we just did yesterday. They sat, then they started talking. Not whispering, mind you, but talking loudly. Then they got up to go chat with their friends....hmmmm...not a good sign.
I mean, if a teacher goes over the strategies CONSTANTLY, does 4 problems with the class, wouldn't you THINK they could try 2 problems on their own?
Apparently not.
It got so loud I couldn't think straight! :-(
I don't feel too badly...we went to dinner with our son and his family and NONE of us could figure out the kindergarten math homework! I mean, how do you show 1-0 with counters? OYE VEI! Do you cross one out? Do you put a 0? He couldn't explain it either, so his mom will ask the teacher this morning!
...kindergarten math....(shaking head)...
4 adults in the room, all with college degrees couldn't figure it out...
!!!
:-(
Oh, but we'd also had a couple of glasses of wine by then, too! :-)
ReplyDelete