COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Guess I overdid it yesterday!!!

Our daughter and son-in-law's complex had their biannual yard sale event yesterday, so I packed up my Honda CRV and off I went.  The car was FULL of stuff:  books, clothes, coffee mugs, childrens' books, pencils, aprons, kids aprons, boots (none sold)...

It started out as a nice morning, but by 9:00, it was HOT.  And, I mean, HOT.  We started setting up about 7:15 and basically, by 9:00, we were DONE.  I sold some books and 2 jackets and made about $35.00 TOTAL.  It was just too hot for people and they were haggling over every price!  I had bar soap for $1.00 and only got $0.50 each.  Books?  Books that I paid $20 for went for $0.50!

I ended up just donating the leftovers (except the boots and aprons) to a local charity.  I need my car cleaned out today as I have to buy horse pellets!

Anyway, by 10:30, I was extremely thirsty and shaky.  I drank 2 glasses of water and passed out on our daughter's couch for an hour!  TOO MUCH HEAT!  And, I didn't drink water all morning....I should know better!

That was it for the rest of the day.  I came home, turned the air conditioner on, and stayed inside.

2 comments:

  1. If something is a nickel at a garage sale, you will always have somebody want to pay a penny for the dang thing. Honestly.....how cheap can some people get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly why I NEVER do yard or garage sales. People want everything, and want to pay almost nothing for it.
    Be careful out there in heat, okay?

    ReplyDelete