I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Friday, October 24, 2014
Nice spot for a picnic lunch!
This was the last stop on our drive up to Big Bear last Sunday. We stopped here for a picnic and I wandered out to take this last photo of the view of the flatland below. The picnic area was FULL of woodpeckers and we could hear and see them! Unfortunately, there was smog that day and this is all I could see. Those are the mountains near Highland and San Bernardino below. Ugh. We honestly didn't want to drive through that, but we had to get home! I've seen it worse, however, and it wasn't that bad (the smog).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks perfect to me...:)JP
ReplyDeleteglad you got up here and saw some color....love all the bighorns you posted. it's even more colorful now. we go down the hill every other friday to pick up our grandkid from school and bring him here for the weekend - i dislike having to go down into the smog and haze and can't believe i lived most of my life down there breathing it - i know i sound like a snob now, ha. but there are definitely thing i miss down in Rancho and alta loma...
ReplyDelete