I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Monday, October 20, 2014
Oak leaves
Beautiful oak leaves near Jenks Lake, San Gorgonio mountain. San Gorgonio mountain is also called "Old Grayback" and it is the highest mountain in Southern California, at 11,490 feet. Apparently one can see it from the summit of Mt. Whitney, which is 190 miles away! It is part of the San Bernardino mountains and its snow melts and runs into the Whitewater River and channel, which feeds the aquifer of the Coachella Valley. It overlooks both Redlands and the city of San Bernardino and it is easily visible from the Coachella Valley. In fact, I see it every morning when I drive to work. The Whitewater Preserve is at the base of it and we will travel up there to see the fall leaves soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment