On the way down, I saw another two, and then I spotted a huge ram. He was grazing not far off the road, but I couldn't pull over (no turnouts), so I had to park about 1/4 mile away and hike back! Phew! That was WORK!
I got to where he was quietly munching on vegetation when he decided to cross the highway! And, this was right after a blind curve! Oh, my! I was instantly worried because cars (and motorcycles) whiz up and down the mountain road, but he wasn't. Nope...he calmly crossed the road like "no big deal".
And, he was magnificent! (Don't you think?)
What are YOU looking at?
Taking his time...
See the blind curve beyond him? Good thing he had crossed that middle line!
No, no cars saw him ON the road, but a few whizzed by right before he crossed and after. NOBODY slowed down. Honestly, I don't think they even saw him....pity...he was GORGEOUS!

Wow! What wonderful shots of him. I tried to count the big ridges on his horns to see how old he is and all I get is 3 or 4. I sure hope we see a ram like him when we arrive in the desert in a month.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics!
ReplyDelete