COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, January 11, 2016

3 week winter break is OVER!

I'm so sad to end my three week winter break.  I really had a good time for a couple of weeks just...doing NOTHING.  I basically stayed home and cleaned the house.  I cleaned out my office and took 2 carloads of STUFF over to Angel View and Goodwill.  That was mostly school stuff.  But, now I have a lot of room in my office!  I need to get started on my retirement paperwork.  I did look it over and it is VERY involved!  But, that's my goal:  to retire in June!  

This last week hubby had to go in to work, so I had... FREE TIME!  I helped our son and his family with their move to Temecula from Indio.  It took him 2 truck loads to move all their furniture.  They have a huge L-shaped couch, a couch from my aunt, and 2 smaller ones and a large chair for the living room.  Plus, a washer, dryer, fridge, and stove.  And, that was during the El Nino rains!  But, they are settled in now.  Hubby and I drove out Saturday afternoon to spend the night with them, but he got called into work Sunday morning, so away we went.

I did find some trains to photograph out by Whitewater.  And, I returned to the Whitewater Preserve on Friday because their road was open.  I see why it was closed...mud and rocks were all over it past the river.

So, it was a good three weeks.  And, I have a 3 day weekend this coming weekend, and two more in February!  Then, spring break at the end of March, and then a LONG stretch until June 10th.  We only have the Memorial Day weekend as a break.

 Some of the cottonwoods still have color.
 There are just a few sycamore leaves left on the trees.
 Looking up toward the San Bernardino mountains...COLD!
The fish pond was very quiet on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Love that u get to visit Temecula a lot. My one son lives in Menifee which is pretty close. I've always loved Temecula - i still have tons of photos from our last two trips i haven't posted. I really need to visit whitewater preserve.

    ReplyDelete