We haven't taken any trips this winter break. First, hubby injured his back. Actually, he has severe arthritis, which I'm sure was aggravated by him lifting and getting up on ladders at work. OYE! Second, he now has a horrible bout of bronchitis. I had to drive him to urgent care on Tuesday and now he is on antibiotics. I'm fighting a cold, but I'm drinking lemon juice and water and it isn't as bad as some colds I've had in the last several years.
I cleaned out the kitchen for a few days and made several trips to one of our local charitable organizations. I had a bunch of boxes of school books to donate, so I did that. I have 30 years of "stuff" to go through and that won't be easy. Most of it is going to charity. At least the kitchen is now sparkly and clean and smells good! :-)
I started on my office yesterday. After trips to the donation center, I vacuumed out my car (my goodness...what a MESS!) and then moved to my office room. I love to sit at the window and watch all the birds at the feeders as I type. I like to see what's going on in the front yard. Now this room is all clean and neat, too.
I've been running over to Whole Foods to get hubby a morning muffin. Theirs are $2.25 each, but they are HUGE! Today I have an apple/cinnamon one, which is dry, but yesterday I had some kind of raisin one which was really good. Unfortunately, they were out of those yesterday afternoon. Hubby enjoys their bear claws.
Neither one of us was awake to ring in the new year. Oh, well...it isn't the first time we've missed it, and it won't be the last, I'm sure!
Have a safe and happy new year!
~Cheers~
~Cheryl Ann
Wow, aren't you ambitious. But what a great way to start out the new year clean. Sorry about the cold and bronchitis. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your flower pics - by now i assume your husband is feeling better! and I tackled a room the other day - feels good to clear out. photos are so pretty.
ReplyDelete