COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hungry blue jays~World Bird Wednesday~091912




I spent the weekend last weekend entertained by the blue jays.  They were quite hungry, apparently!  One of them had a throat FULL of corn kernels and then he grabbed a peanut!  It wasn't always easy to get a shot of them, as they landed and fly off quickly, as you can see in the bottom photo.  But, I like it anyway!  World Bird Wednesday for September 19, 2012.  To visit WBW, please go to:   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Great shots of the jay, but I've never seen one with such a black head! I wonder if it's a stellar's jay or a western scrub jay? Visiting from WBW. :) Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the Jays. They don't just look hungry - they look greedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I have never seen this type of Blue Jay...ours are much bigger here in Florida...but I love seeing the differences...very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there - what a great looking bird - it does have an appetite! Clearly its not heeding the advice about never eating something bigger than your head!

    Thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - AUstralia

    PS: The first W in WBW now stands for "Wild" - World Bird Wednesday (run by Springman) shut up shop 10 weeks ago! SM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice photos! Blue Jays are gluttons for sure, but I still love them.

    ReplyDelete