Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Late afternoon porch shadows~Shadow Shot Sunday~092312

It was very late in the afternoon when I took this photo.  I already lightened it up in BeFunky.  I didn't wish to lighten it up further because that would change the whole effect.  I hope you can see it!  If not, click on the photo to enlarge.  It was from this porch that I fed peanuts and corn kernels to the blue jays and squirrels all weekend!  And, I was standing at the end of the porch when the Cooper's hawk silently swooped down, grabbed a blue jay in its talons, and took off!  Poof!  Shadow Shot Sunday for September 23, 2012.  To visit Shadow Shot Sunday, please go to:   http://shadowshotsunday2.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. What a comfy place to curl up!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you lightened it up just enough to reflect what you saw. It's good. I know that hawks gotta eat, but I LOVE blue jays and there big personalities and it saddens me to think of them as food. That's how it is in nature though. Trying to find food, without becoming food...

    ReplyDelete