I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Late afternoon porch shadows~Shadow Shot Sunday~092312
It was very late in the afternoon when I took this photo. I already lightened it up in BeFunky. I didn't wish to lighten it up further because that would change the whole effect. I hope you can see it! If not, click on the photo to enlarge. It was from this porch that I fed peanuts and corn kernels to the blue jays and squirrels all weekend! And, I was standing at the end of the porch when the Cooper's hawk silently swooped down, grabbed a blue jay in its talons, and took off! Poof! Shadow Shot Sunday for September 23, 2012. To visit Shadow Shot Sunday, please go to: http://shadowshotsunday2.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Looks chilly!
ReplyDeleteFamily Shadow
Have a blessed Sunday.
Rose
What a comfy place to curl up!...:)JP
ReplyDeleteIt seems you lightened it up just enough to reflect what you saw. It's good. I know that hawks gotta eat, but I LOVE blue jays and there big personalities and it saddens me to think of them as food. That's how it is in nature though. Trying to find food, without becoming food...
ReplyDelete