COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend in the mountains





After this summer, hubby and I needed to get away for the weekend...from the heat, from our family...so we headed up to our local mountains, specifically Idyllwild.  Idyllwild is at about 5300 feet in elevation.  It was cool at night (down into the 60's) and clouds moved in Saturday afternoon.  By the time we left Sunday, it was ready to rain.  I got lots of rest and fed peanuts to the blue jays and squirrels and watched a covey of quail come twice a day to look for birdseed.  Even a little cottontail appeared in the afternoons and mornings.  It was a restful weekend and now I'm ready for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment