Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My weekend entertainment!



I was amused all weekend by the antics of the blue jays and squirrels up at the Idyllwild cabin.  The blue jays were quicker than the squirrels, but the squirrels would often charge at the jays and make them scatter.  It was a constant battle.  Both jays and squirrels liked the peanuts, but the jays also liked the whole corn kernels, while the squirrels enjoyed big sunflower seeds.  They brightened my days up there.  Oh, I went to urgent care yesterday and yes, I have bronchitis PLUS a secondary infection.  I'm on cough syrup (to get some rest) and antibiotics.

1 comment:

  1. If you had this much time to watch the blue jays and squirrels, then you had a very relaxing weekend. Until you got sick anyway...
    I'm more used to seeing the ongoing battles of acorn woodpeckers and squirrels. Either way, it's something interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete