Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Palm Desert cross

There is a hiking trail which leads up to the Palm Desert cross, which I see every morning from my front yard.  I haven't done the hike, mainly because of my back issues, but several of my co-workers have.  It is lit every night and on this morning, I went out early to take photos of the full moon and I turned around to see the cross.  I enjoy looking at it every day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised the ACLU hasn't stuck their noses into that and forced it to come down. I love it. Here in the eastern end on Phoenix area there was a suburban area called Las Sendes that was built around a big (smallish) mountain - you know - bigger than a hill. They put a big star up on the top of it for Christmastime and it was all lit up. Beautiful. It was! The ACLU got into it and had it down in no time. I don't understand where they get such power to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely inspirational view! Perhaps soon you can hike it!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete