I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Tree branch~Nature Notes~112912
I spotted this dead pinyon branch one morning as I was out walking around in Pinyon Flats, near the campground. I have two friends who live up there. It's a quick 10 minute ride down the hill from Pinyon to the desert. Our son's best friend just bought a house up there and he's already moved there from the desert. I always enjoy Pinyon Flats because it is cooler up there in the summer. And, they DO get snow about 3 or 4 times a year...not a lot, but enough to last a day. It is pinyon forest up there, with some oaks, and there are a lot of scrub jays. I believe that our scrub jay, who has now been in our neighborhood for nearly 4 years, came from this area. Quail are numerous and so are coyotes. My friend Barbara recently lost her two chickens to a couple of coyotes who dug into her yard, under her electrified fence...:-( I drive through this area every weekend when I drive up to my horses, who are boarded nearby. It's quite a change from our desert habitat! Nature Notes for November 29, 2012. To view Nature Notes, please go to: http://ramblingwoods.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh beautiful blue skies. I am so sorry about the chickens. I guess if you are hungry, you will dig. I love when you post about the scrub jays as they make me think of my own blue jays. I hope the school year is going well for you and that you had a good Thanksgiving.. Michelle
ReplyDelete